Tuesday, February 5, 2008

my friend told me, there are veins in brooklyn sick of the constant knocking on them like a door.
if i look up the lights in houses look like stars in the sky, only if i squint hard enough.
if you had told me where i'd be three years ago i would have laughed it off.
i am sure i will do the same in three years when i am making wishes from some gutter somewhere.
i want to be the last thing you think of at nighttime.
i tapped out, i blacked out.
you knew we couldn't last.
it's funny how we only focus on our flaws.
"please tell me the truth, i am addicted to it".
i got new boots so i'd never get cold feet-on thin ice or at the altar.
"when you are very old and very lonely you will understand".
it's designed deep inside of us to be the opposite of what we are
i thank god for the bands, movies, and hearts that make me want to become something better than i am.
your heart beat gets me through the day.

No comments: