Saturday, July 28, 2007

You’re like america’s next top nightmare,
But replace “america” with “my”.
It’s not like you woud know anyway.
You’re like the dream you can always remember
But can’t wait to forget.
I’m like one of those movies you buy in a hotel with every button but rewind.
have at it.
your jokes turn into fake smiles.
fake people.
it doesn’t matter.
i can’t ever get the right words to the right people.
its hard being careless, even harder to be carefree.
Wish I was the first,
But I’m just the second.
Kind of like in life.
tricking yourself into thinking you matter enough for someone to remember to forget you is the best kind of magic of all.
my mouth moves faster than my head ever could and lets not even speak of the words at my finger tips.
they are never thought through.
they just come and come. like light under the door.
If you gave me a course I’m sure I could find some way to come off of it.
Don’t try and argue with manics.
it’s not worth your breath.
Growing up is becoming old,
I wanna be a kid again.
With the new beginnings and “everything’s possible”.
i am always leaving you high and dry.
i am always leaving you out in the cold.
because i am regular. minus all of this.
If anyone ever really knew me, they'd string me up and leave me as a sign of what not to become.
How not to turn out.
There isn't a goddamned thing that sparkles in my eyes anymore.
There isn't magic in there.
Can't even put a sentence together.
Hurt the ones you love.
Love the ones you hurt.
If you looked inside you'd see artifacts that'd proved I once gave a fuck.
Daydreams of love. They beg for an inch and take a mile.

No comments: